Now back in stock!!
This wonderful book is once again available to parents and teachers wanting to explore with children the world of liquid color. And, it is still the best guide ever for those new to wet-on-wet painting and to painting with young children. Here is everything you need to know, even if you’ve never painted (or never painted this way) before:
- the author begins with a lovely discussion about how children experience the world of color
- she goes on to offer some thoughts on what she calls “the morality of color.” I find that this section inspires me to become more imaginative when I work with colors – it really brings them to life in a very unique way
- there is a long section, filled with color photographs of both children painting and the paintings they produced, that takes us into the world of children painting with watercolors. This can become a welcome guide for parents who have never done this before – it should help everyone to paint joyfully
- then, there are clear instructions for mixing the paints, preparing the paper, distributing the water jars, paint pots and brushes
- ah! and then comes the painting! and the color stories! and the sheer wonder of it all!
- the author adds suggestions for seasonal painting themes, how to create the stories and what their basis is, the experience of color and the moods of nature
- finally, there are even instructions for preparing plant pigments for painting and photos showing the soft, inviting colors they produce.
There is so much joy to be had here – I’ve waited for years hoping for this book to reappear. What a treasure!